HOW TO MEDITATE , a step by step guide
Meditation describes a state of consciousness, when the mind is free of scattered thoughts and different patterns .Meditation can be performed by any age group people, it just needs a calm and serene environment to perform.
Below is a step by step guide for performing meditation.
1. Sit comfortably with your backbone erect, either in a chair or cross legged on a cushion.
2. Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and sense the points of touch between your body and the chair or the floor. Notice the sensations associated with sitting—emotions of stress, warmth, tingling, vibration, and many others.
3. Progressively become aware about breathing. Take note of wherever you experience the breath—either at your nostrils or within the rising and falling of your abdomen.
4. Allow your attention to relaxation within the mere sensation of respiration. (You don’t have to control your breath. Simply let it come and go clearly.)
5. Whenever your mind wanders in other thoughts, gently go back it to the breath.
6. As you focus on breathing, you'll also perceive sounds, bodily sensations and feelings.
7. The moment you notice that you have been lost in thought, observe the present thought itself as an object of consciousness. Then return your thought to the breath—or to any sounds or sensations springing up in the next moment.
8. Keep in this way until you could merely witness all objects of consciousness—sights, sounds, emotions, sensations, even mind themselves.