Home remedies using garlic
Garlic is one of amazing natural remedy , it is one of the best herbs for Vata conditions, but it also has tamasic qualities, so it should be consumed properly.Garlic can be consumed in raw form, can be used in vegetable curry or in the form of Garlic capsules ( Supplements) to reduce cholesterol levels.
1. Used in cookery it is a great aid for digestion, and keeps the mucosal coats of the stomach healthy.
2. A clove or two of Garlic, pounded with honey and taken two or three nights successively, is effective for rheumatism.
3. Grind few cloves of garlic and pour ¼ cup of boiled water on it. Add this infusion to sugar syrup . This is an excellent cough expectorant to children and adults.
4. When sniffed , it greatly helps in relieving hysteria.
5. Garlic juice taken with hot water twice a daily relieves asthma attacks.
6. Three cloves of garlic boiled with milk taken every day at night cures productive cough and bronchitis.
7. 10 drops of garlic juice with 2 teaspoon of honey reduces the acuteness of asthmatic symptoms.
8. Taking garlic juice with fresh water regularly reduces high blood pressure
9. Half a clove of raw garlic consumed each day can increase body activity to dissolve the blood clots, thereby preventing heart attacks and strokes.
10. The one more benefit of garlic is you can apply garlic paste on ringworm.
Precautions and adverse effects of garlic consumption :
Some may experience heartburn and flatulence when they consume garlic. It should be used cautiously by a person who have bleeding disorders. Garlic should never be consumed during a migraine/headache. Avoid rubbing garlic on skin as it causes burns and peeling of skin.