Healing Blood cancer- an Ayurvedic approach
What is blood cancer?
As the name suggests, blood cancer affects the whole bloodstream and its production.Stem cells in your bone marrow mature and develop into three types of blood cell red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. In case of cancer, the blood production process is interrupted due to the growth of an abnormal type of blood cells.
Types of Blood cancer :
Leukemia - This type of cancer is caused by the rapid production of abnormal blood cells in the bone marrow. These abnormal blood cells affect the bone marrow's ability of the production of red blood cells and platelets.
Lymphoma - This type of blood cancer affects the lymphatic system, which is responsible for the removal of excess fluids from your body and producing immune cells. Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell that fights infection. Abnormal lymphocytes become lymphoma cells, which grow uncontrollably in your lymph nodes and other tissues.
Myeloma - This type of blood cancer affects the plasma cells, which are white blood cells responsible for the production of disease-fighting antibodies in the body. Myeloma affects the production of plasma cells which results in a weak immune system.Blood cancer is a type of malignancy which affects the blood, bone marrow, or lymphatic system.
Some of the common blood cancer symptoms include:
- Weakness, Fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Minimal body strain results in bone fractures
- Excessive or easy bruising
- Bleeding gums
- Recurrent infections or fever
- Sweating of body during night
- Weight loss
- Frequent vomiting sensations
- Lymph node (gland) enlargement
- Lumps or abdominal distension due to enlarged abdominal organs
- Abdominal pain, Bone pain and Back pain
- Delirium and confusion
- Abnormal bleeding in gums nose and cuts, which will lead to platelet reduction
- Headaches along with visual difficulties
- Occurrence of fine rashes on dark spots
- Decreased urination and difficulty while urinating
CAUSES OF BLOOD CANCER
Although the specific cause of blood cancer is unknown, various factors are associated with its onset. Some causes are:
- Family history
- Weak immune system
- Certain infections
Blood cancer Treatment in Ayurveda
- Ayurveda medicine helped so many cancer patients to fight this dreadful disorder.
- Ayurvedic treatment for Blood Cancer can be undergone along with the modern medical treatments like radiotherapy or chemotherapy.
- The Ayurvedic treatment is rejuvenating in nature and the nourishing ayurvedic supplements provided, are helpful in protecting the healthy cells and regulating the metabolism of the body and stops progression or acceleration of cancer.
- Ayurvedic herbs help to minimize the side effects of radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Ayurvedic medicines can help to clear cancer in many cases.
More about Blood Cancer in Ayurveda
- There are certain Ayurvedic herbal remedies and ancient alchemy rasa Shastra medicines for Leukemia of both types. The combination recommended by Ayurveda is time tested and is well researched by many Ayurvedic vaidyas and experts. Ancient alchemy called “Rasa Shastra” mentioned many combinations in ayurvedic texts to fight cumbersome diseases like Cancer or “arbuda in Sanskrit.
- The blood Cancer is called “Rakt-Arbud” in Ayurvedic medicine by many. While mentioning Arbud another name comes in ayurvedic texts called “Granthi”. Both of these names literally mean “Tumor or swollen, elevated, painful/ painless, elevated node”. Blood Cancers can also be classified as “dysfunctional Pitta” leading faulty formation / non-formation / damage of blood cells or immune cells. Or “Rakta-Gat Pitta”, "Sannipataja Paandu" or Rakta Arbud.
- The treatment of Blood cancer in Ayurveda can be achieved by using techniques described in ancient alchemy texts called “Rasa Shastra”
- Use of combination of Silver, Gold and other minerals gives wonderful results in fighting cancers, no matter if the patient is on chemo or radiotherapy.
- The use of the combination gives boost to the normal cells, modifies the immune cells and helps in regularizing the production of cells in the bone marrow. The results are astounding and many Ayurvedic vaidya’s are using these combinations in their clinical practice to get wonderful results in blood cancer and other cancer patients.
- The combination recommended in Blood cancer is mainly focused on treating “Pitta Imbalance”, Rakt janya Pitta and providing immune boosting effect.
DIET IN LEUKEMIA - BLOOD CANCER
- Warm food, Fresh Food – Vegetable soup made from fresh green leafy vegetables is recommended.
- God made foods are good rather than man made (Processed) – as this machine is made by God and not by man
- Nature knows which fuel is good for this human machine. Most of the things which grow in fields, trees, and forests are good. Packaged food, processed food is very bad. Soft drinks are bad because they provide CO2 (carbon di-oxide) and deprive living cells of oxygen.
- Ghee is always recommended in all types of Blood Cancers. In such cancers, Vata and Pitta are highly vitiated and in imbalanced state. Bramhi Ghritam, Maha Chaitas Ghritam, Ashwagandha Ghritam, Triphala Ghritam etc. are excellent.
- Swamla compound ( made from amla base), Maharishi Amrit Kalash are various preparations which can be added depending upon various conditions. Coconut water should be consumed everyday early morning to neutralize the toxins produced by acidic diet in the body.
- Fruit juices should be consumed one fruit juice at a time or in a day. For example fruit juice of Apple, Water melons and avoid sour fruit juices like Lemons, Oranges. For vitamin C, Amla fruit berries are excellent, and although they are sour but they become sweet in “Vipaka” ( Metabolic property) after digestion. So they are good. Amla berries are there in Amalaki Rasayan, All chawyanprash, and other herbal jams of Ayurveda.
- Fresh Beetroot juice is very important. 30-100 ml daily is recommended to boost immunity and improve blood count.
- Use of Zuchini, Bottle Gourds, Long Gourds, Round Gourds, Turnips, Carrots, Radishes is recommended. They are good for all types of diseases caused by Pitta imbalance. Use of Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) is recommended. Wheat grass juice, Amla Juice is also recommended.
- Green leafy vegetables should be made into soup every evening. Potatoes are fine but fried are not recommended. Mushrooms are very high in protein and increase fire element in the body. So they should be consumed after few days gap only and are fine if the patient is having protein energy malnutrition or low energy or muscle mass.
- Butter is not recommended but Ghee is recommended.
- High protein diet should be avoided.
- All non-vegetarian diet should be avoided.
- Non-Vegetarian soup and small chicken chunks are allowed if the patient is very weak, otherwise it will increase Pitta, which is the root cause of the disease.
- Wheat and mix of various grains breads / chapatti is recommended.
- Rice are not recommended and should be avoided. Once or twice in a week, mixed with various herbs and spices (made as Pulao) can be consumed.