Effective Ayurvedic Tips For Oily Skin
Here are some effective ayurvedic tips to be followed for those with the oily skin.
Add a few drops of water to half a tablespoon of the powder. Apply the paste all over the face, neck and wash off after 10 minutes. This reduces wrinkles and fine lines while fighting acne and oily skin.
Milk is an excellent oil free cleanser and it doesn't dry out the skin. Wash your face with milk so that the pores are not clogged with sebum/oil.
Lemon juice, wheat flour, turmeric powder
Mix all the three ingredients. Yogurt can be used in place of lemon juice. Apply all over the face and let it dry. The acids in the lemon juice treat dark spots on the face clearing the complexion. Turmeric brightens your face.
Not only dry skin but oily skin too, needs moisturising. Honey is an excellent natural moisturiser. Apply a thin layer of honey all over the face and wash off after 15 minutes.
Take one tablespoon multani mitti. Mix about three tablespoons with rose water. Apply to face and neck. Wash face when the pack dries off completely. This is a unique pack containing valuable herbs to give you an oil-free, smooth and clear skin.
The problems of oily skin:
1. Enlarged pores
3. Acne and pimples
4. Coarse pores
5. Dark skin due to excess oil
6. More prone to moist eczema
7. Fungal infections are common
1. Wash skin with plenty of warm water (2-3 times a day) and mild soap or herbal scrub to prevent clogging of pores.
2. Avoid using harsh chemicals to remove oil.
3. Use hot water to wash face as it dissolves clogged oil balancing Kapha.
4. Avoid too much washing of skin as it leads to overproduction of oil to compensate the loss.
5. Use a moisturizer, free of oil.
6. Avoid sticky make up, which clogs the pores.
7. Apply half spoon of lemon juice mixed with half spoon of cucumber juice to face half an hour before taking bath.
8. To clear away excess oil, use a herbal pack containing herbs that normalize kapha and lessens excess oil secretion.
9. Mix equal parts of lemon juice and water. Apply this mixture on the face and rinse it first with warm water and then followed by cold water.
10. Avoid heavy, fried, fatty food.
11. Avoid cheese and sugar rich desserts.
12. Consume light, well-spiced food as they balance kapha.
13. Avoid constipating foods.
14. Include ginger, pepper, and long pepper in your diet.
15. Exercise regularly.
16. Eat plenty of leafy green vegetables and fresh fruits.
17. Massaging the whole body with herbal oil rejuvenates the body and skin.
18. Use ayurvedic body cleansers, which expel body toxins.
19. Avoid excessive consumption of soft drinks, alcohol, tea, coffee and chocolates.